GTA treaty small step: Asha Gurung
Sukna (WB): The tripartite agreement for
formation of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration is just
a `small step` and the ultimate aim is a separate state of
Gorkhaland, a top leader of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said on Monday.
The chief of the Gorkha Mahila Morcha, the women`s wing
of the GJM, Asha Gurung, said she was happy at the inclusion
of the word `Gorkhaland` in the GTA agreement, but the
ultimate aim is to achieve a state of Gorkhaland.
"We are happy at the stand taken by (Chief Minister)
Mamata Banerjee. The previous Left Front government did not
allow the inclusion of the name Gorkhaland,`" Gurung, wife of
GJM chief Bimal Gurung, said.
She said those in Dooars and Terai agitating against
inclusion of those areas under the Gorkhaland Territorial
Administration comprised only 15 per cent of the population in
"They are being enticed by the CPI-M (into the
agitation)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch