GTA treaty small step: Asha Gurung
Sukna (WB): The tripartite agreement for
formation of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration is just
a `small step` and the ultimate aim is a separate state of
Gorkhaland, a top leader of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said on Monday.
The chief of the Gorkha Mahila Morcha, the women`s wing
of the GJM, Asha Gurung, said she was happy at the inclusion
of the word `Gorkhaland` in the GTA agreement, but the
ultimate aim is to achieve a state of Gorkhaland.
"We are happy at the stand taken by (Chief Minister)
Mamata Banerjee. The previous Left Front government did not
allow the inclusion of the name Gorkhaland,`" Gurung, wife of
GJM chief Bimal Gurung, said.
She said those in Dooars and Terai agitating against
inclusion of those areas under the Gorkhaland Territorial
Administration comprised only 15 per cent of the population in
"They are being enticed by the CPI-M (into the
agitation)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened