GTA treaty small step: Asha Gurung
Sukna (WB): The tripartite agreement for
formation of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration is just
a `small step` and the ultimate aim is a separate state of
Gorkhaland, a top leader of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said on Monday.
The chief of the Gorkha Mahila Morcha, the women`s wing
of the GJM, Asha Gurung, said she was happy at the inclusion
of the word `Gorkhaland` in the GTA agreement, but the
ultimate aim is to achieve a state of Gorkhaland.
"We are happy at the stand taken by (Chief Minister)
Mamata Banerjee. The previous Left Front government did not
allow the inclusion of the name Gorkhaland,`" Gurung, wife of
GJM chief Bimal Gurung, said.
She said those in Dooars and Terai agitating against
inclusion of those areas under the Gorkhaland Territorial
Administration comprised only 15 per cent of the population in
"They are being enticed by the CPI-M (into the
agitation)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians