GTA treaty small step: Asha Gurung
Sukna (WB): The tripartite agreement for
formation of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration is just
a `small step` and the ultimate aim is a separate state of
Gorkhaland, a top leader of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha said on Monday.
The chief of the Gorkha Mahila Morcha, the women`s wing
of the GJM, Asha Gurung, said she was happy at the inclusion
of the word `Gorkhaland` in the GTA agreement, but the
ultimate aim is to achieve a state of Gorkhaland.
"We are happy at the stand taken by (Chief Minister)
Mamata Banerjee. The previous Left Front government did not
allow the inclusion of the name Gorkhaland,`" Gurung, wife of
GJM chief Bimal Gurung, said.
She said those in Dooars and Terai agitating against
inclusion of those areas under the Gorkhaland Territorial
Administration comprised only 15 per cent of the population in
"They are being enticed by the CPI-M (into the
agitation)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof