Heavy fog disrupts air operations at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: Heavy fog in the city Friday morning stalled air operations at the airport here with no flight being able to take off or land.
Authorities at the Netaji Subhas Bose International Airport said no flights have taken off from 5 am as the fog density was 50 m leading to very low visibility.
Approximately 40 morning flights could not take off and about 13 in-coming flights could not land at the airport.
The New Delhi-Kolkata flight could not land and returned to New Delhi while the Kolkata-New Delhi Air India flight at 7 am was cancelled and combined with the next flight of the airlines at 10 am, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?