Heavy fog disrupts air operations at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: Heavy fog in the city Friday morning stalled air operations at the airport here with no flight being able to take off or land.
Authorities at the Netaji Subhas Bose International Airport said no flights have taken off from 5 am as the fog density was 50 m leading to very low visibility.
Approximately 40 morning flights could not take off and about 13 in-coming flights could not land at the airport.
The New Delhi-Kolkata flight could not land and returned to New Delhi while the Kolkata-New Delhi Air India flight at 7 am was cancelled and combined with the next flight of the airlines at 10 am, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog