Housewife attacked by drunken youths
Barasat (WB): A housewife was injured when she protested the verbal abuse of two drunken youth at Bijpur in North 24 Parganas district Tuesday, a day after a homoeopath was killed by eve teasers in the district.
Police said the home maker was slashed with a blade when she protested the abuse of the youth near a hooch den at Kanchrapara under Bijpur police station area.
The two, identified as Bhakto Debnath and Raj Chandra, were later arrested.
Yesterday, an elderly homeopath was beaten to death at Barasat for protesting against two drunken youths passing lewd comments on women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'