Housewife attacked by drunken youths
Barasat (WB): A housewife was injured when she protested the verbal abuse of two drunken youth at Bijpur in North 24 Parganas district Tuesday, a day after a homoeopath was killed by eve teasers in the district.
Police said the home maker was slashed with a blade when she protested the abuse of the youth near a hooch den at Kanchrapara under Bijpur police station area.
The two, identified as Bhakto Debnath and Raj Chandra, were later arrested.
Yesterday, an elderly homeopath was beaten to death at Barasat for protesting against two drunken youths passing lewd comments on women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs