Housewife attacked by drunken youths
Barasat (WB): A housewife was injured when she protested the verbal abuse of two drunken youth at Bijpur in North 24 Parganas district Tuesday, a day after a homoeopath was killed by eve teasers in the district.
Police said the home maker was slashed with a blade when she protested the abuse of the youth near a hooch den at Kanchrapara under Bijpur police station area.
The two, identified as Bhakto Debnath and Raj Chandra, were later arrested.
Yesterday, an elderly homeopath was beaten to death at Barasat for protesting against two drunken youths passing lewd comments on women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter