Housewife attacked by drunken youths
Barasat (WB): A housewife was injured when she protested the verbal abuse of two drunken youth at Bijpur in North 24 Parganas district Tuesday, a day after a homoeopath was killed by eve teasers in the district.
Police said the home maker was slashed with a blade when she protested the abuse of the youth near a hooch den at Kanchrapara under Bijpur police station area.
The two, identified as Bhakto Debnath and Raj Chandra, were later arrested.
Yesterday, an elderly homeopath was beaten to death at Barasat for protesting against two drunken youths passing lewd comments on women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference