Jyoti Basu`s condition still critical
Kolkata: The condition of veteran CPI(M) leader Jyoti Basu continued to remain critical on Tuesday with his immunity level deteriorating.
"His body`s resistance to accept medical treatment was gradually deteriorating," Superintendent of the Amri Hospital, Salt Lake, Debashish Sharma told reporters.
"The 95-year-old leader`s general condition was still critical and he was on partial ventilation," Sharma said.
Basu`s urine output has decreased further with 25 to 30 ml per hour. However, he could not be put on dialysis because of fragile health condition, the medical superintendent said.
There was no further improvement in the condition of his lungs and his cardio vascular system remains the same as it was yesterday, he said.
The veteran leader`s blood pressure was maintained with reduced dose of ionotrope and his drowsiness has reduced a bit but he has mild temperature, Sharma said.
Basu is being fed through a Ryle`s tube feeding and doctors of the medical board are constantly monitoring him and they were in touch with experts of AIIMS, New Delhi.
Basu`s personal physician and member of the medical board AK Maity said "The veteran leader`s improvement has not been upto expected level."
Basu was admitted to AMRI Salt Lake on January 1 with pnuemonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!