Jyoti Basu`s condition still critical
Kolkata: The condition of veteran CPI(M) leader Jyoti Basu continued to remain critical on Tuesday with his immunity level deteriorating.
"His body`s resistance to accept medical treatment was gradually deteriorating," Superintendent of the Amri Hospital, Salt Lake, Debashish Sharma told reporters.
"The 95-year-old leader`s general condition was still critical and he was on partial ventilation," Sharma said.
Basu`s urine output has decreased further with 25 to 30 ml per hour. However, he could not be put on dialysis because of fragile health condition, the medical superintendent said.
There was no further improvement in the condition of his lungs and his cardio vascular system remains the same as it was yesterday, he said.
The veteran leader`s blood pressure was maintained with reduced dose of ionotrope and his drowsiness has reduced a bit but he has mild temperature, Sharma said.
Basu is being fed through a Ryle`s tube feeding and doctors of the medical board are constantly monitoring him and they were in touch with experts of AIIMS, New Delhi.
Basu`s personal physician and member of the medical board AK Maity said "The veteran leader`s improvement has not been upto expected level."
Basu was admitted to AMRI Salt Lake on January 1 with pnuemonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das