Kolkata woman tutor, who brutally beat up 3-year-old child, still on the run
Kolkata: Police have expanded its search to areas adjoining the city to trace the woman tutor caught on camera brutally beating up a three-year-old at his home here.
"We have not been able to arrest her till now but we have expanded our area of search in nearby and surrounding areas of Kolkata. The address that she had given to the family members of the child when she was appointed was found to be false," said Ashok Sen, officer-in-charge of Lake Town police station.
"We are tracing her mobile number too she will be arrested very soon," he added.
The Chief Minister`s Office has been informed of the incident, Sashi Panja, state Children and Women`s Welfare Minister told PTI when contacted.
The incident came to light yesterday after a CCTV footage showed the tutor mercilessly beating the kid in a Lake Town home.
The complaint lodged by the kid`s family said the tutor, who was appointed just a few days back, had apologised and requested the kid`s family not to inform the police.
But the family registered the police complaint after her husband came and threatened them not to lodge a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'