Lover attacks woman, family with acid in Pashkura
Pashkura: An FIR was lodged against one person for his alleged involvement in an acid attack on three women at Ratulia village under Pashkura Police Station area on Thursday, police said.
Shakir Ali, yesterday evening, entered the house of Ruktaj Biwi and attacked her with acid after she turned down his marriage proposal, they said.
And in their attempt to save Ruktaj from Ali`s attack, her mother Najima Biwi and elder sister Rupsha Yasin got injured, they added.
Ali, who happens to be Rupsha`s brother-in-law, was in a relation with Ruktaj for the past one year. But, last week, when he proposed marriage to Ruktaj, she turned down the proposal, which angered him ,police said.
A manhunt for Ali, absconding since the incident, has been launched in the district, they said.
The three injured women have been admitted at the Tamluk Hospital and their conditions have been stated stable, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir