Lover attacks woman, family with acid in Pashkura
Pashkura: An FIR was lodged against one person for his alleged involvement in an acid attack on three women at Ratulia village under Pashkura Police Station area on Thursday, police said.
Shakir Ali, yesterday evening, entered the house of Ruktaj Biwi and attacked her with acid after she turned down his marriage proposal, they said.
And in their attempt to save Ruktaj from Ali`s attack, her mother Najima Biwi and elder sister Rupsha Yasin got injured, they added.
Ali, who happens to be Rupsha`s brother-in-law, was in a relation with Ruktaj for the past one year. But, last week, when he proposed marriage to Ruktaj, she turned down the proposal, which angered him ,police said.
A manhunt for Ali, absconding since the incident, has been launched in the district, they said.
The three injured women have been admitted at the Tamluk Hospital and their conditions have been stated stable, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj