Lover attacks woman, family with acid in Pashkura
Pashkura: An FIR was lodged against one person for his alleged involvement in an acid attack on three women at Ratulia village under Pashkura Police Station area on Thursday, police said.
Shakir Ali, yesterday evening, entered the house of Ruktaj Biwi and attacked her with acid after she turned down his marriage proposal, they said.
And in their attempt to save Ruktaj from Ali`s attack, her mother Najima Biwi and elder sister Rupsha Yasin got injured, they added.
Ali, who happens to be Rupsha`s brother-in-law, was in a relation with Ruktaj for the past one year. But, last week, when he proposed marriage to Ruktaj, she turned down the proposal, which angered him ,police said.
A manhunt for Ali, absconding since the incident, has been launched in the district, they said.
The three injured women have been admitted at the Tamluk Hospital and their conditions have been stated stable, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details