Mamata alleges CPI-M deal with Maoists before last LS polls
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata
Banerjee on Friday alleged that CPI-M, which frequently accused
her party of having links with Maoists, had entered a deal
with the ultras before last year`s Lok Sabha election.
Pointing to the poll boycott call given by Maoists in
Bankura, Purulia and West Midnapore districts before the last
Lok Sabha elections, Banerjee said, "CPI-M entered into a deal
with the Maoists. Trinamool Congress did not win any seat in
She claimed on a TV channel that the CPI-M had
understanding with Maoists during elections, while accusing
her party of having links with them.
Reiterating her allegations that CPI-M cadres were
killing people in the guise of CRPF, she said that the Marxist
party was eyeing the 42 seats in the three districts. "But
they will not get even two seats this time."
She also dared Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee to
contest from Naxal-hit Lalgarh beside his Jadavpur assembly
Claiming that the situation in the state was dangerous
which warranted imposition of Central rule, Banerjee said that
the Centre should discharge its responsibility of protecting
Banerjee, also the Railway Minister, charged the
Marxist party with `sabotaging` the Jnaneswari Express in May
in which many people had lost their lives. "If I had the
administration, I would have shown them what I could do."
The TC supremo said that despite CPI-M "intimidation",
she had visited Lalgarh and Darjeeling. "The people there
She said that she was setting up a number of units in
different districts including in the three Naxal-affected
"After taking charge as Railway Minister I have set up
a land bank and I did not find any problem in acquiring land
for setting up industries. I am putting up units in areas
where we have the land," she said.
"On the other hand, the Left Front government during its
34 years rule did not do anything and imposed a burden of two
lakh crore rupees on the people. 50 per cent villages in the
state do not have electricity," she claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi