Mamata annoyed at lack of infrastructure in state secretariat
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday expressed annoyance at the lack of
infrastructure in the state secretariat, saying the situation
is so bad that she was finding it difficult to work.
"There is no infrastructure here. I wonder how the
previous governments functioned for 35 years. Even my office
is not ready. Everything is so unorganised. How will I work?
There is not even a telephone," a visibly annoyed Banerjee
Banerjee said she had only two chairs in her office
and her personal staff were operating from the Chief
Minister`s conference room in Writers` Buildings.
"Governments come and go, but every place should have
its proper infrastructure in place permanently. This situation
cannot go on. We will change it," she said.
The PWD yesterday began work of overhauling the Chief
Minister`s chamber, including fixing a new ceiling, compact
fluorescent lights and wooden chairs.
At her first press conference on Friday after taking
oath as the chief minister, Banerjee had commented on the
inadequate infrastructure at the heritage building.
On Saturday, Banerjee went around the secretariat
with mayor Sovan Chatterjee and PWD officials to review its
condition and take steps for improvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations