Mamata asks ministers to expedite pending works
Purulia: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Friday held a meeting here with top officers of
18 departments of Purulia district and asked them to finish
pending works fast.
With 15 ministers, including three central ministers
of the Trinamool Congress, present, Banerjee termed the
meeting a "mini Writers".
Writers Buildings in Kolkata is the state secretariat.
Banerjee asked the ministers to describe the problems
faced by their departments and ordered them and the officers
concerned to solve them as soon as possible.
She enquired why the district recorded only 18 days
work in 2011-12 in the MGNREGA scheme.
District Magistrate Abanindra Singh said it could not
be done due to imposition of model code of conduct for
To a question by the chief minister, the DM said the
work for preparing the land bank for the district was nearly
complete and it would be sent to her soon.
Besides the DM, two ADMs, three SDOs and 20 BDOs were
present in the meeting that lasted for nearly one and a half
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch