Mamata govt gagging voice of media: CPM
Patna: Senior CPI(M) leader Hannan Mollah on Monday accused Mamata Banerjee-led TMC government of West Bengal of "gagging the voice of media and endangering the freedom of press" in the state.
"Mamata Banerjee led TMC government in West Bengal is gagging the voice of media and virtually endangered the freedom of press there," Mollah, a CPI(M) central secretariat member alleged while talking to reporters here.
He further alleged that the West Bengal government was "declaring and treating as Maoists or Leftists whosoever voices protest and stand up in resistance against the state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid