Mamata govt gagging voice of media: CPM
Patna: Senior CPI(M) leader Hannan Mollah on Monday accused Mamata Banerjee-led TMC government of West Bengal of "gagging the voice of media and endangering the freedom of press" in the state.
"Mamata Banerjee led TMC government in West Bengal is gagging the voice of media and virtually endangered the freedom of press there," Mollah, a CPI(M) central secretariat member alleged while talking to reporters here.
He further alleged that the West Bengal government was "declaring and treating as Maoists or Leftists whosoever voices protest and stand up in resistance against the state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...