Mamata govt gagging voice of media: CPM
Patna: Senior CPI(M) leader Hannan Mollah on Monday accused Mamata Banerjee-led TMC government of West Bengal of "gagging the voice of media and endangering the freedom of press" in the state.
"Mamata Banerjee led TMC government in West Bengal is gagging the voice of media and virtually endangered the freedom of press there," Mollah, a CPI(M) central secretariat member alleged while talking to reporters here.
He further alleged that the West Bengal government was "declaring and treating as Maoists or Leftists whosoever voices protest and stand up in resistance against the state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter