Mamata govt gagging voice of media: CPM
Patna: Senior CPI(M) leader Hannan Mollah on Monday accused Mamata Banerjee-led TMC government of West Bengal of "gagging the voice of media and endangering the freedom of press" in the state.
"Mamata Banerjee led TMC government in West Bengal is gagging the voice of media and virtually endangered the freedom of press there," Mollah, a CPI(M) central secretariat member alleged while talking to reporters here.
He further alleged that the West Bengal government was "declaring and treating as Maoists or Leftists whosoever voices protest and stand up in resistance against the state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves