Mamata hails contribution of policemen
Kolkata: Hailing the contribution of policemen, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said police officials sacrifice their personal and family lives for the safety and betterment of the city and society.
"We only criticise the police force. If there is reason, we will surely criticise. But we should also keep this in mind that when we celebrate puja, they are on the roads, when we attend a function they are on the road for us, for our safety and security. They are on duty 24 hours a day. Their family members are always tensed for their safety and security," Banerjee said while attending a function of Kolkata Police.
"We all should try to understand our police force," said Banerjee. Organised for the family members of police personnel, the function was attended by Bollywood superstar and Bengal`s brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan and the state`s filmstar and Trinamool Congress MP, Dev. Banerjee tied rakhis on the wrists of Shah Rukh Khan and Dev on the eve of Rakhi Purnima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot