Mamata hails contribution of policemen
Kolkata: Hailing the contribution of policemen, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said police officials sacrifice their personal and family lives for the safety and betterment of the city and society.
"We only criticise the police force. If there is reason, we will surely criticise. But we should also keep this in mind that when we celebrate puja, they are on the roads, when we attend a function they are on the road for us, for our safety and security. They are on duty 24 hours a day. Their family members are always tensed for their safety and security," Banerjee said while attending a function of Kolkata Police.
"We all should try to understand our police force," said Banerjee. Organised for the family members of police personnel, the function was attended by Bollywood superstar and Bengal`s brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan and the state`s filmstar and Trinamool Congress MP, Dev. Banerjee tied rakhis on the wrists of Shah Rukh Khan and Dev on the eve of Rakhi Purnima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city