Mamata hails contribution of policemen
Kolkata: Hailing the contribution of policemen, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said police officials sacrifice their personal and family lives for the safety and betterment of the city and society.
"We only criticise the police force. If there is reason, we will surely criticise. But we should also keep this in mind that when we celebrate puja, they are on the roads, when we attend a function they are on the road for us, for our safety and security. They are on duty 24 hours a day. Their family members are always tensed for their safety and security," Banerjee said while attending a function of Kolkata Police.
"We all should try to understand our police force," said Banerjee. Organised for the family members of police personnel, the function was attended by Bollywood superstar and Bengal`s brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan and the state`s filmstar and Trinamool Congress MP, Dev. Banerjee tied rakhis on the wrists of Shah Rukh Khan and Dev on the eve of Rakhi Purnima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi