Mamata takes dig at Buddhadeb for sharing dais with Basu
Howrah (WB): Trinamool Congress chief Mamata
Banerjee on Saturday took a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee for sharing the dais with CPI(M)
leader Anil Basu who had come under fire for making derogatory
remarks against her.
"The CPI(M) has a face and a mask to conceal it. While the
face is used to abuse, the mask says that it is not proper to
be so," Banerjee told an election meeting here in Howrah
district referring to the Chief Minister asking Basu to
apologise for his foul language.
This is the first time that the Chief Minister met Basu
yesterday after he censured the former party MP for using
intemperate language against Mamata. Basu has been barred
from addressing election meetings.
The Trinamool Congress has demanded stern action against
Basu by the Election Commission which has served notice on the
former MP for his remarks against the TC chief.
Later addressing another election rally in the same
district, Banerjee targetted the BJP for precipitating a
division in anti-Left votes.
"It is with the help of the CPI(M) that the BJP is trying
to come into reckoning in the state. Not a single vote should
be cast for it," she said.
She asked voters not to support candidates put up merely
to eat into the Trinamool Congress`s votebank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal