Mamata to skip CM`s meet on internal security
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will skip the chief ministers` meeting on internal security convened by the Centre in Delhi on Wednesday.
"No, she is not going. Finance minister Amit Mitra will represent the state at the meeting," a highly-placed source in the state secretariat said.
The sources did not give a reason why the chief minister would not be attending. He also could not state who would accompany Mitra.
The chief minister had earlier on April 16 last year skipped a similar meeting. In recent rallies and public meetings the chief minister has been attacking Congress for `discrimination` against a cash-strapped Bengal.
She has also accused the Centre of holding out threat of using the CBI against the state government since Trinamool Congress quit the UPA on the issue of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites