Mamata to skip CM`s meet on internal security
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will skip the chief ministers` meeting on internal security convened by the Centre in Delhi on Wednesday.
"No, she is not going. Finance minister Amit Mitra will represent the state at the meeting," a highly-placed source in the state secretariat said.
The sources did not give a reason why the chief minister would not be attending. He also could not state who would accompany Mitra.
The chief minister had earlier on April 16 last year skipped a similar meeting. In recent rallies and public meetings the chief minister has been attacking Congress for `discrimination` against a cash-strapped Bengal.
She has also accused the Centre of holding out threat of using the CBI against the state government since Trinamool Congress quit the UPA on the issue of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor