Mamata to skip CM`s meet on internal security
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will skip the chief ministers` meeting on internal security convened by the Centre in Delhi on Wednesday.
"No, she is not going. Finance minister Amit Mitra will represent the state at the meeting," a highly-placed source in the state secretariat said.
The sources did not give a reason why the chief minister would not be attending. He also could not state who would accompany Mitra.
The chief minister had earlier on April 16 last year skipped a similar meeting. In recent rallies and public meetings the chief minister has been attacking Congress for `discrimination` against a cash-strapped Bengal.
She has also accused the Centre of holding out threat of using the CBI against the state government since Trinamool Congress quit the UPA on the issue of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip