Man pushed out of bar by bouncers, dies of injuries
Kolkata: A man was allegedly pushed from the first floor of a bar by bouncers leading to his death following which angry locals ransacked the building and torched a vehicle in Dum Dum in the northern fringes of the city.
The victim, identified as Madhab Das, was a resident of Dum Dum and had gone to the bar in Kamardanga area in the evening. Eyewitnesses alleged, Das was pushed from the first floor of the bar by bouncers after an altercation. He came rolling down the stairs and was badly injured.
Das`s family members said he was first rushed to the R G Kar Hospital and later shifted to a private medical facility where doctors pronounced him as `brought dead`.
As the news spread, angry residents set a motorcycle on fire and ransacked the bar, police said.
Complaints have been lodged by both the victim`s family members as well as the owners of the bar. Investigations are on and the post-mortem report is awaited, senior officers of Dum Dum police station said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it