Man pushed out of bar by bouncers, dies of injuries
Kolkata: A man was allegedly pushed from the first floor of a bar by bouncers leading to his death following which angry locals ransacked the building and torched a vehicle in Dum Dum in the northern fringes of the city.
The victim, identified as Madhab Das, was a resident of Dum Dum and had gone to the bar in Kamardanga area in the evening. Eyewitnesses alleged, Das was pushed from the first floor of the bar by bouncers after an altercation. He came rolling down the stairs and was badly injured.
Das`s family members said he was first rushed to the R G Kar Hospital and later shifted to a private medical facility where doctors pronounced him as `brought dead`.
As the news spread, angry residents set a motorcycle on fire and ransacked the bar, police said.
Complaints have been lodged by both the victim`s family members as well as the owners of the bar. Investigations are on and the post-mortem report is awaited, senior officers of Dum Dum police station said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today