Maoists` hideouts busted, huge cache of ammunition seized
Kolkata: A huge cache of ammunition and
communication devices were on Tuesday recovered from Maoists`
hideouts during raids conducted by Special Task Force at three
districts in West Bengal, police said.
"Acting on an information provided by five arrested
rebels, police raided two places each in Hooghly and South 24
Parganas districts and one in North 24 Parganas," Additional
Commissioner-II and STF chief Rajiv Kumar said.
More than 200 manpack and static wireless system, nearly
50 static sets, antennas, 50 Very High Frequency and High
Frequency sets, 150 bullets mainly of AK-47, explosives and
different kinds of circuits have been recovered, he said.
"Besides, several CDs, documents, literature, Kishenji`s
unedited interviews and laptops were also seized," Kumar said,
adding that raids are on at different places and the police
hope to recover some more documents.
On December 3, the STF arrested Maoist leaders Sudip
Chongdar alias Kanchan, Anu alias Kalpana Maity, Anil Ghosh
alias Ajay, Barun Sur alias Bidyut and Bimal Mullick alias
Sankar from different parts of Kolkata.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory