Minister`s nephew arrested for alleged molestation, rioting in WB
Kolkata: A youth, said to be a nephew of West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra, was arrested in connection with alleged molestation of a woman and rioting at Bhowanipore in south Kolkata on Sunday.
Police sources said, Soumya Bandopadhyay, said to be the son of Mitra`s brother-in-law, was arrested this morning for allegedly molesting a woman and being involved in violence between members of two clubs at around 3 am.
Six other youths were also arrested for indulging in violence and rioting, police said, adding, all seven accused were produced before a city court later in the day.
Bandopadhyay was sent to police custody till March 30 in connection with the alleged molestation.
In the case of rioting, he was remanded in police custody along with six others accused till March 26.
All the accused allegedly ransacked a local club at Bhowanipore and also damaged vehicles, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH