Minister`s nephew arrested for alleged molestation, rioting in WB
Kolkata: A youth, said to be a nephew of West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra, was arrested in connection with alleged molestation of a woman and rioting at Bhowanipore in south Kolkata on Sunday.
Police sources said, Soumya Bandopadhyay, said to be the son of Mitra`s brother-in-law, was arrested this morning for allegedly molesting a woman and being involved in violence between members of two clubs at around 3 am.
Six other youths were also arrested for indulging in violence and rioting, police said, adding, all seven accused were produced before a city court later in the day.
Bandopadhyay was sent to police custody till March 30 in connection with the alleged molestation.
In the case of rioting, he was remanded in police custody along with six others accused till March 26.
All the accused allegedly ransacked a local club at Bhowanipore and also damaged vehicles, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed