Minister`s nephew arrested for alleged molestation, rioting in WB
Kolkata: A youth, said to be a nephew of West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra, was arrested in connection with alleged molestation of a woman and rioting at Bhowanipore in south Kolkata on Sunday.
Police sources said, Soumya Bandopadhyay, said to be the son of Mitra`s brother-in-law, was arrested this morning for allegedly molesting a woman and being involved in violence between members of two clubs at around 3 am.
Six other youths were also arrested for indulging in violence and rioting, police said, adding, all seven accused were produced before a city court later in the day.
Bandopadhyay was sent to police custody till March 30 in connection with the alleged molestation.
In the case of rioting, he was remanded in police custody along with six others accused till March 26.
All the accused allegedly ransacked a local club at Bhowanipore and also damaged vehicles, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof