More central forces to W Midnapore: WB govt
Midnapore: West Bengal government Saturday said
that the Centre has agreed to its plea for despatching more
forces to the Maoist-hit West Midnapore belt.
"We had sought more forces from the Centre and they
agreed to it. We are expecting additional forces from this
month itself," Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen told reporters
here after a meeting with the District Magistrate of West
Midnapore and government officials on development issue.
However, Sen did not specify how many companies were
At present, there are 47 companies, both comprising state
and central forces, in the Maoist-affected `jangalmahal`
(forested pocket), according to a senior police officer.
The chief secretary said the three-member committee
report on the February 15 Maoist attack on Eastern Frontier
Rifles camp at Shilda, in which 24 jawans and a civilian were
killed, has been submitted to Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Sen, who took over as Chief Secretary on April 30, was
part of the three-member Shilda inquiry committee when he was
the state home secretary.
Sen, who reviewed development work in Maoist-hit areas
of the district along with the block development officers and
DM, called for fast tracking the projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?