Mukul Roy attacks Bengal election commissioner
Chopra: Continuing the attack on State Election Commissioner Mira Pandey, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Wednesday alleged that her actions were encouraging the CPI(M), the Congress and the Maoists to create unrest in West Bengal.
"Due to your encouragement, the CPI(M), Congress and the Maoists are trying to create unrest in the state," Roy alleged at a panchayat election rally here in Nadia district.
Roy claimed that though the CPI(M), Congress and BJP were alleging that the TMC was responsible for the violence before the panchayat elections, it was his party which was being attacked by them.
"In the last one month, twelve of our workers were killed," he said.
Meanwhile, a Congress delegation met Governor M K Narayanan at the Raj Bhavan in Kolkata and urged him to caution Chief minister Mamata Banerjee for derogatory comments targeting the SEC.
"SEC is a constitutional head and the chief minister also holds a constitutional post. The way the CM is verbally attacking the SEC is unprecedented," WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharjee told reporters here after meeting the governor.
Stating that late Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu had also made adverse comments against the SEC, he said "But the chief minister is unrelenting in her attack against the SEC.
"The SEC is trying to ensure free and fair polls. What is the fault of SEC?" asked Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional