Mukul Roy attacks Bengal election commissioner
Chopra: Continuing the attack on State Election Commissioner Mira Pandey, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Wednesday alleged that her actions were encouraging the CPI(M), the Congress and the Maoists to create unrest in West Bengal.
"Due to your encouragement, the CPI(M), Congress and the Maoists are trying to create unrest in the state," Roy alleged at a panchayat election rally here in Nadia district.
Roy claimed that though the CPI(M), Congress and BJP were alleging that the TMC was responsible for the violence before the panchayat elections, it was his party which was being attacked by them.
"In the last one month, twelve of our workers were killed," he said.
Meanwhile, a Congress delegation met Governor M K Narayanan at the Raj Bhavan in Kolkata and urged him to caution Chief minister Mamata Banerjee for derogatory comments targeting the SEC.
"SEC is a constitutional head and the chief minister also holds a constitutional post. The way the CM is verbally attacking the SEC is unprecedented," WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharjee told reporters here after meeting the governor.
Stating that late Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu had also made adverse comments against the SEC, he said "But the chief minister is unrelenting in her attack against the SEC.
"The SEC is trying to ensure free and fair polls. What is the fault of SEC?" asked Bhattacharjee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview