Mukul Roy attacks Bengal election commissioner
Chopra: Continuing the attack on State Election Commissioner Mira Pandey, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Wednesday alleged that her actions were encouraging the CPI(M), the Congress and the Maoists to create unrest in West Bengal.
"Due to your encouragement, the CPI(M), Congress and the Maoists are trying to create unrest in the state," Roy alleged at a panchayat election rally here in Nadia district.
Roy claimed that though the CPI(M), Congress and BJP were alleging that the TMC was responsible for the violence before the panchayat elections, it was his party which was being attacked by them.
"In the last one month, twelve of our workers were killed," he said.
Meanwhile, a Congress delegation met Governor M K Narayanan at the Raj Bhavan in Kolkata and urged him to caution Chief minister Mamata Banerjee for derogatory comments targeting the SEC.
"SEC is a constitutional head and the chief minister also holds a constitutional post. The way the CM is verbally attacking the SEC is unprecedented," WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharjee told reporters here after meeting the governor.
Stating that late Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu had also made adverse comments against the SEC, he said "But the chief minister is unrelenting in her attack against the SEC.
"The SEC is trying to ensure free and fair polls. What is the fault of SEC?" asked Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- French giants, Paris Saint-Germain announce the appointment of Unai Emery as new coach
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach