Mumbai-based anchor molested in Howrah
Kolkata: A Mumbai-based TV anchor was allegedly molested by an inebriated man who was later arrested, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened Tuesday night near the Howrah railway station.
The anchor, her father and friend were on a visit to the city.
"We have arrested Ratan Sahu on charges of molestation," said a police officer adding that the culprit was subsequently released on bail as the charges pressed were bailable.
Even as the 32-year-old woman tried to confront the attacker, a motley group which had gathered around, cheered Sahu`s efforts to drag the women out of the car.
Sahu also assaulted the anchor`s father.
The woman later called the police who arrested Sahu.
The incident comes after a 25-year-old techie sustained serious injuries after she jumped off a moving train near Belur railway station in Howrah district to save herself from a molester Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs