Mumbai-based anchor molested in Howrah
Kolkata: A Mumbai-based TV anchor was allegedly molested by an inebriated man who was later arrested, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened Tuesday night near the Howrah railway station.
The anchor, her father and friend were on a visit to the city.
"We have arrested Ratan Sahu on charges of molestation," said a police officer adding that the culprit was subsequently released on bail as the charges pressed were bailable.
Even as the 32-year-old woman tried to confront the attacker, a motley group which had gathered around, cheered Sahu`s efforts to drag the women out of the car.
Sahu also assaulted the anchor`s father.
The woman later called the police who arrested Sahu.
The incident comes after a 25-year-old techie sustained serious injuries after she jumped off a moving train near Belur railway station in Howrah district to save herself from a molester Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say