Mumbai-based anchor molested in Howrah
Kolkata: A Mumbai-based TV anchor was allegedly molested by an inebriated man who was later arrested, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened Tuesday night near the Howrah railway station.
The anchor, her father and friend were on a visit to the city.
"We have arrested Ratan Sahu on charges of molestation," said a police officer adding that the culprit was subsequently released on bail as the charges pressed were bailable.
Even as the 32-year-old woman tried to confront the attacker, a motley group which had gathered around, cheered Sahu`s efforts to drag the women out of the car.
Sahu also assaulted the anchor`s father.
The woman later called the police who arrested Sahu.
The incident comes after a 25-year-old techie sustained serious injuries after she jumped off a moving train near Belur railway station in Howrah district to save herself from a molester Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen