Mumbai-based anchor molested in Howrah
Kolkata: A Mumbai-based TV anchor was allegedly molested by an inebriated man who was later arrested, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened Tuesday night near the Howrah railway station.
The anchor, her father and friend were on a visit to the city.
"We have arrested Ratan Sahu on charges of molestation," said a police officer adding that the culprit was subsequently released on bail as the charges pressed were bailable.
Even as the 32-year-old woman tried to confront the attacker, a motley group which had gathered around, cheered Sahu`s efforts to drag the women out of the car.
Sahu also assaulted the anchor`s father.
The woman later called the police who arrested Sahu.
The incident comes after a 25-year-old techie sustained serious injuries after she jumped off a moving train near Belur railway station in Howrah district to save herself from a molester Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH