No ordinance on corruption "right now": Pranab
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Sunday described as hypothetical a question on
bringing ordinance "right now" to tackle corruption and said
no ordinance has been issued yet.
"You people are asking a question which is totally
hypothetical. There is no ordinance right now," Mukherjee told
reporters responding to a question after a state Congress
party meeting here.
"Therefore let the ordinance come. Some newspapers have
made some stories that there may be an ordinance. No ordinance
has yet been issued. I do not know if in my absence on Sunday
and Saturday it has been issued. Otherwise, to my knowledge up
to Friday, no ordinance was issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab