No ordinance on corruption "right now": Pranab
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Sunday described as hypothetical a question on
bringing ordinance "right now" to tackle corruption and said
no ordinance has been issued yet.
"You people are asking a question which is totally
hypothetical. There is no ordinance right now," Mukherjee told
reporters responding to a question after a state Congress
party meeting here.
"Therefore let the ordinance come. Some newspapers have
made some stories that there may be an ordinance. No ordinance
has yet been issued. I do not know if in my absence on Sunday
and Saturday it has been issued. Otherwise, to my knowledge up
to Friday, no ordinance was issued," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!