One lakh take the holy dip at Gangasagar
Gangasagar: In the run-up to the festival of Makar Sankranti, around one lakh devotees have taken the holy dip at Gangasagar, the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.
West Bengal Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee today said the government is trying to make the annual fair by increasing the safety and comfort level for the devotees.
He said they are also constructing permanent guest houses for visitors and also a permanent jetty at a cost of Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons