One lakh take the holy dip at Gangasagar
Gangasagar: In the run-up to the festival of Makar Sankranti, around one lakh devotees have taken the holy dip at Gangasagar, the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.
West Bengal Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee today said the government is trying to make the annual fair by increasing the safety and comfort level for the devotees.
He said they are also constructing permanent guest houses for visitors and also a permanent jetty at a cost of Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today