One lakh take the holy dip at Gangasagar
Gangasagar: In the run-up to the festival of Makar Sankranti, around one lakh devotees have taken the holy dip at Gangasagar, the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.
West Bengal Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee today said the government is trying to make the annual fair by increasing the safety and comfort level for the devotees.
He said they are also constructing permanent guest houses for visitors and also a permanent jetty at a cost of Rs 5 crore.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set