One lakh take the holy dip at Gangasagar
Gangasagar: In the run-up to the festival of Makar Sankranti, around one lakh devotees have taken the holy dip at Gangasagar, the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.
West Bengal Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee today said the government is trying to make the annual fair by increasing the safety and comfort level for the devotees.
He said they are also constructing permanent guest houses for visitors and also a permanent jetty at a cost of Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh