Ordnance Factory developing future infantry soldier system
Kolkata: The Ordnance Factory is planning to develop a future infantry soldier system -- an all weather suit with tactical gear to equip the armed forces to counter rising challenges on the borders and terrorist activities.
"We are in the process of making a future infantry soldier system. The system will be integrated and designed in such a way that a soldier is able to engage enemies both day and night, summer or winter with an upper hand. It will take three years time," member of the Ordnance Factory Board Sartaj Singh told reporters here today.
The system will be designed for soldiers, fighting in mountainous terrains like Kargil and Siachen, known for its harsh weather conditions.
The helmet of the new suit will be equipped with a visor, which will act as a screen, displaying the position of enemy soldiers behind obstacles with the help of satellite coordinates.
Wireless will help the soldier to remain in touch with commanding officers.
The system will also be designed to maintain blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rate of the soldier.
"The system will be equipped in such a way that it will get coordinates from satellites and other technologies," Singh said.
He said that the system was being developed in collaboration with the Ordnance Factory, Indian Army and the DRDO, so that there is no delay in decision-making.
"We are working as a team," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference