Ordnance Factory developing future infantry soldier system
Kolkata: The Ordnance Factory is planning to develop a future infantry soldier system -- an all weather suit with tactical gear to equip the armed forces to counter rising challenges on the borders and terrorist activities.
"We are in the process of making a future infantry soldier system. The system will be integrated and designed in such a way that a soldier is able to engage enemies both day and night, summer or winter with an upper hand. It will take three years time," member of the Ordnance Factory Board Sartaj Singh told reporters here today.
The system will be designed for soldiers, fighting in mountainous terrains like Kargil and Siachen, known for its harsh weather conditions.
The helmet of the new suit will be equipped with a visor, which will act as a screen, displaying the position of enemy soldiers behind obstacles with the help of satellite coordinates.
Wireless will help the soldier to remain in touch with commanding officers.
The system will also be designed to maintain blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rate of the soldier.
"The system will be equipped in such a way that it will get coordinates from satellites and other technologies," Singh said.
He said that the system was being developed in collaboration with the Ordnance Factory, Indian Army and the DRDO, so that there is no delay in decision-making.
"We are working as a team," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical