`Panchayat poll uncertainty a TMC govt conspiracy`
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday said its one-time ally Trinamool Congress was "plotting" to defer the panchayat election in West Bengal by entering into a legal battle with the State Election Commission and thus creating constitutional complications.
"Everyone is aware of the political conspiracy that the ruling Trinamool Congress has hatched by taking on the SEC and creating a constitutional crisis," Congress leader and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi said.
Speaking at a party rally here, Dasmunshi criticised Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for "unnecessarily opposing the SEC`s proposal for deployment of central para-military forces to man the panchayat poll and unilaterally announcing poll dates without consulting the poll panel".
This indicated a pre-planned move to push the local election in a state of uncertainty, she alleged.
"It is now quite clear that the chief minister herself gave her telephone numbers to the BDOs at a conference in the city recently with the purpose of taking them into confidence on the indefinite deferment of the poll and appointment of administrators by the state government to run the three-tier rural bodies," she claimed.
The Congress leader also expressed shock at the death of SFI leader Sudipta Gupta, saying "it is distressing that the incident did not move the chief minister that day when she was busy at Yuva Bharati Krirangan (IPL inauguration)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'