Prasun Banerjee to be Trinamool`s LS candidate in
Kolkata: Former India football team captain Prasun Banerjee will be Trinamool Congress candidate in the by-election to the Howrah Lok Sabha constituency in West Bengal.
This was announced by party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the Trinamool Congress` general council meeting here today.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha member Ambica Banerjee recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today