Prasun Banerjee to be Trinamool`s LS candidate in
Kolkata: Former India football team captain Prasun Banerjee will be Trinamool Congress candidate in the by-election to the Howrah Lok Sabha constituency in West Bengal.
This was announced by party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the Trinamool Congress` general council meeting here today.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha member Ambica Banerjee recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed