President meets West Bengal CM
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a one-on-one meeting at the VIP lounge of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on Saturday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the meeting.
Mukherkee arrived by a special plane of the Indian Air Force at around 2.15 pm and was received by Governor MK Narayanan, the Chief Minister and high officials.
He left by Air Force helicopter at 2.55 pm for Kirnahar, where he will stay with his octogenarian elder sister Annapurna Banerjee. He will worship family deity Devi Durga at his village home at Miriti, 3 km away, for three days from Sunday.
He will leave for Delhi on October 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof