President meets West Bengal CM
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a one-on-one meeting at the VIP lounge of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on Saturday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the meeting.
Mukherkee arrived by a special plane of the Indian Air Force at around 2.15 pm and was received by Governor MK Narayanan, the Chief Minister and high officials.
He left by Air Force helicopter at 2.55 pm for Kirnahar, where he will stay with his octogenarian elder sister Annapurna Banerjee. He will worship family deity Devi Durga at his village home at Miriti, 3 km away, for three days from Sunday.
He will leave for Delhi on October 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah