President meets West Bengal CM
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a one-on-one meeting at the VIP lounge of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on Saturday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the meeting.
Mukherkee arrived by a special plane of the Indian Air Force at around 2.15 pm and was received by Governor MK Narayanan, the Chief Minister and high officials.
He left by Air Force helicopter at 2.55 pm for Kirnahar, where he will stay with his octogenarian elder sister Annapurna Banerjee. He will worship family deity Devi Durga at his village home at Miriti, 3 km away, for three days from Sunday.
He will leave for Delhi on October 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed