Probe into fire in SSKM children`s ward ordered
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the fire in the children`s ward of the state-run SSKM hospital last night, which had forced some patients to be shifted to other wards.
Health Secretary Satish Tewari, accompanied by senior officials in the Health department, visited the hospital and held a meeting with hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh.
Tewari later told reporters that an administrative inquiry into the incident would begin soon and a report would be submitted at the earliest.
He regretted inadequate fire fighting arrangement in the hospital and said he would take necessary measures to prevent repeat of the incident.
Fire Services Minister Javed Khan yesterday said at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India