Probe into fire in SSKM children`s ward ordered
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the fire in the children`s ward of the state-run SSKM hospital last night, which had forced some patients to be shifted to other wards.
Health Secretary Satish Tewari, accompanied by senior officials in the Health department, visited the hospital and held a meeting with hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh.
Tewari later told reporters that an administrative inquiry into the incident would begin soon and a report would be submitted at the earliest.
He regretted inadequate fire fighting arrangement in the hospital and said he would take necessary measures to prevent repeat of the incident.
Fire Services Minister Javed Khan yesterday said at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days