Probe into fire in SSKM children`s ward ordered
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the fire in the children`s ward of the state-run SSKM hospital last night, which had forced some patients to be shifted to other wards.
Health Secretary Satish Tewari, accompanied by senior officials in the Health department, visited the hospital and held a meeting with hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh.
Tewari later told reporters that an administrative inquiry into the incident would begin soon and a report would be submitted at the earliest.
He regretted inadequate fire fighting arrangement in the hospital and said he would take necessary measures to prevent repeat of the incident.
Fire Services Minister Javed Khan yesterday said at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam