Probe into fire in SSKM children`s ward ordered
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the fire in the children`s ward of the state-run SSKM hospital last night, which had forced some patients to be shifted to other wards.
Health Secretary Satish Tewari, accompanied by senior officials in the Health department, visited the hospital and held a meeting with hospital superintendent Tamal Kanti Ghosh.
Tewari later told reporters that an administrative inquiry into the incident would begin soon and a report would be submitted at the earliest.
He regretted inadequate fire fighting arrangement in the hospital and said he would take necessary measures to prevent repeat of the incident.
Fire Services Minister Javed Khan yesterday said at least two children were shifted from the Alex Ward to other wards as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof