Shortage of doctors in govt hospitals: WB CM
Baruipur: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said that to overcome the shortage of
doctors and nurses in the government hospitals the state
government has already appointed 1000 doctors and nurses after
her party assumed power in the state.
"There is an acute shortage of doctors and nurses in the
government hospitals. We have already recruited 1000 doctors
and nurses after coming to power. We will recruit more doctors
and nurses in the coming days," Banerjee said while laying the
foundation stone of the Baruipur Polytechnic college here in
South 24 Parganas district.
"If we don`t find adequate number of doctors and nurses
in the state, we will recruit doctors and nurses from all over
the country to overcome the shortage. The advertisements for
the recruitment will be published shortly," she said.
Around 40,000 babies die every year in the state, she
said. But we will bring this figure down by around 25 per cent
by next year claiming that after we came to power this figure
has already come down.
Taking a dig at the previous CPI(M) led Left Front
government while ruled the state for 34-years, she alleged
that the CPI(M) leaders "looted" the public exchequer during
their rule and set up NGOs in the name of their wives and
"The CPI(M) leaders are criticizing my government for
trivial things such as a cockroach or a rat found in a
government hospital but I would ask them that they did for the
government hospitals in their 34-years rule," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers