Smoke in hospital, 22 patients go missing
Suri: At least 22 patients went missing after smoke emanated from the computer server of a government run hospital in Birbhum district early on Sunday, a health department official said.
The smoke was detected from the server of the Suri Sadar Hospital at around 1.30 am following which many patients fled, the district's Chief Medical Officer of Health Kartik Chandra Mondal said.
Many of the students were scared and fled from the hospital, he said, adding most of them returned later.
However, it was found that 22 of them did not return. A police complaint was lodged in connection with the incident, the CMOH said.
Hospital Superintendent Sobhan Dey said the smoke was caused by mechanical fault and no damage was done to any patient or the hospital building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!