Sourav Ganguly demands justice for gang-rape victim
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Thursday condemned the gangrape and death of a 16-year-old girl and demanded justice.
"I don`t know what to say and why these things happen. It`s sick and pathetic... Hope the government will take strong action against it," Ganguly told a Bengali news channel.
The retired cricketer, who is being wooed by several political parties of late, demanded justice for the gangrape victim who had been brutalised twice.
The 16-year-old died at a government-run city hospital on Tuesday from burns she suffered after she allegedly tried to set herself on fire on December 23.
However, the police said the girl in a dying statement had accused the two rapists of setting her on fire.
"The culprit should get severe and very severe punishment. If somebody is helping the culprit out, then he too should be punished."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai