Sudipta Sen sent to Kolkata police custody till June 11
Kolkata: Saradha group Chairman Sudipta Sen, accused of duping thousands of investors, has been sent to the custody of Kolkata Police till June 11 by a local court.
Sen`s associate Debjani Mukhopadhyay has also been sent to Kolkata police custody by the court, till June 11.
"The police custody is on the basis of a case filed against them in Lake police station by an agent for duping the agent and the investors of their money, " Joint CP (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh told reporters here.
Ghosh added that a total of seven cases has been filed against the Saradha group in various police stations under the jurisdiction of Kolkata police.
When asked whether the Kolkata police will ask for police custody in each and every case, Ghosh said, "We are investigating all the cases. We will look into every aspect,".
Yesterday Sen, Mukhopadhyay and another official of the company were sent to judicial custody till June 3 in cases related to cheating by a court at Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district.
Meanwhile, the Bidhangar police today questioned Matan Singh, the person who has been named by Sen in his letter to CBI.
Singh, however, after coming out of the interrogation room claimed that he was here to cooperate with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT