Three foreign tourists arrested for using illegal satellite phones in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri: Three of the 84 tourists, including 51 foreigners, detained here for carrying illegal satellite phones, were on Sunday arrested and remanded to police custody.
Three foreigners were arrested as they could not produce legal documents for their satellite phones this afternoon, Superintendent of Police Kunal Agarwal said.
Later, Jalpaiguri district Judge Subrata Ghosh remanded the trio to police custody for two days.
The remaining 81 tourists are still being detained for interrogation, the SP said.
All the tourists, who claim to have come for shooting a TV show, had checked in to a hotel at Chalsa yesterday.
On being alerted about their use of satellite phones, detected by a nearby radar of the army, police searched the hotel and recovered 22 sets.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?