Three foreign tourists arrested for using illegal satellite phones in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri: Three of the 84 tourists, including 51 foreigners, detained here for carrying illegal satellite phones, were on Sunday arrested and remanded to police custody.
Three foreigners were arrested as they could not produce legal documents for their satellite phones this afternoon, Superintendent of Police Kunal Agarwal said.
Later, Jalpaiguri district Judge Subrata Ghosh remanded the trio to police custody for two days.
The remaining 81 tourists are still being detained for interrogation, the SP said.
All the tourists, who claim to have come for shooting a TV show, had checked in to a hotel at Chalsa yesterday.
On being alerted about their use of satellite phones, detected by a nearby radar of the army, police searched the hotel and recovered 22 sets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video