Tight security for 5th and 6th phase polls in WB
Kolkata: Tight security arrangement has been
made for fifth and sixth phases of election in West Bengal
when Maoist-affected Purulia, Bankura, West Midnapore and
parts of Burdwan would go to the hustings.
Apart from state forces, around 550 to 600 companies of
central paramilitary forces would be deployed in the 38
constituencies where polling would be held in the fifth phase
on May 7, Election office sources here said today.
In the sixth and last phase of polling on May 10 the
number of central forces deployed would be increased to 660,
the sources said adding aerial surveillance would be carried
out by three helicopters during the phase.
A meeting of senior district police officers was held with
senior district police, including SPs, DIGs, IGs and
Divisional Commissioners of the concerned districts were held
during the day to review the poll preparedness, Chief
Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Chief Electoral Officer of Maharashtra Debashish
Chakraborty has been appointed special observer for the two
Chakraborty would arrive in the state on May 5 and stay
till the end of elections, Gupta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?