TMC demands withdrawal of petrol, diesel price hike
Kolkata: Demanding immediate rollback of the recent increase in prices of petrol and diesel, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday said the UPA government should seek a fresh mandate before burdening the people with "such anti-people decisions."
"Withdraw all such anti-people decisions and seek a fresh mandate before putting a burden on the common man," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
"This government at the Centre hangs by a thin thread. It is high time that the government seeks a fresh mandate. Our party demands it," Chatterjee, the West Bengal Commerce and Industry minister, said here.
Chatterjee alleged that the Centre`s move to decontrol sugar prices and the winding up of ration shops were condemnable decisions and added that "the Trinamool Congress will stand by the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons