TMC demands withdrawal of petrol, diesel price hike
Kolkata: Demanding immediate rollback of the recent increase in prices of petrol and diesel, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday said the UPA government should seek a fresh mandate before burdening the people with "such anti-people decisions."
"Withdraw all such anti-people decisions and seek a fresh mandate before putting a burden on the common man," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
"This government at the Centre hangs by a thin thread. It is high time that the government seeks a fresh mandate. Our party demands it," Chatterjee, the West Bengal Commerce and Industry minister, said here.
Chatterjee alleged that the Centre`s move to decontrol sugar prices and the winding up of ration shops were condemnable decisions and added that "the Trinamool Congress will stand by the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account