TMC demands withdrawal of petrol, diesel price hike
Kolkata: Demanding immediate rollback of the recent increase in prices of petrol and diesel, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday said the UPA government should seek a fresh mandate before burdening the people with "such anti-people decisions."
"Withdraw all such anti-people decisions and seek a fresh mandate before putting a burden on the common man," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
"This government at the Centre hangs by a thin thread. It is high time that the government seeks a fresh mandate. Our party demands it," Chatterjee, the West Bengal Commerce and Industry minister, said here.
Chatterjee alleged that the Centre`s move to decontrol sugar prices and the winding up of ration shops were condemnable decisions and added that "the Trinamool Congress will stand by the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered