TMC demands withdrawal of petrol, diesel price hike
Kolkata: Demanding immediate rollback of the recent increase in prices of petrol and diesel, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday said the UPA government should seek a fresh mandate before burdening the people with "such anti-people decisions."
"Withdraw all such anti-people decisions and seek a fresh mandate before putting a burden on the common man," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
"This government at the Centre hangs by a thin thread. It is high time that the government seeks a fresh mandate. Our party demands it," Chatterjee, the West Bengal Commerce and Industry minister, said here.
Chatterjee alleged that the Centre`s move to decontrol sugar prices and the winding up of ration shops were condemnable decisions and added that "the Trinamool Congress will stand by the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players