TMC demands withdrawal of petrol, diesel price hike
Kolkata: Demanding immediate rollback of the recent increase in prices of petrol and diesel, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday said the UPA government should seek a fresh mandate before burdening the people with "such anti-people decisions."
"Withdraw all such anti-people decisions and seek a fresh mandate before putting a burden on the common man," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
"This government at the Centre hangs by a thin thread. It is high time that the government seeks a fresh mandate. Our party demands it," Chatterjee, the West Bengal Commerce and Industry minister, said here.
Chatterjee alleged that the Centre`s move to decontrol sugar prices and the winding up of ration shops were condemnable decisions and added that "the Trinamool Congress will stand by the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH