TMC dismisses Left Front rally; says its a failure
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal described the Left`s Brigade Parade Ground rally on Sunday as a show devoid of any principle or ideal which could give a new direction to the state.
"The rally has neither any principle nor ideal. It fails to give any direction or message to the people of the state. The defeat will continue to haunt them," TMC All-India general secretary Mukul Roy told reporters.
Criticising former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s attack against their government, Roy wondered how the Marxist leader could have failed to see any change or development in the state.
"The Marxists had already said what they said today during the campaign for the July panchayat elections in 2013, but people did not listen to them and voted for TMC. This shows how wrong they are," Roy remarked.
Criticising Bhattacharjee`s remark that Singur had turned into a "crematorium" and Nandigram a "nightmare" with the blessings of TMC, Roy said, "The Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee government is solely responsible for this, not TMC."
"The LF has to pay price for its gross misrule for over 35 years. It will remain a dream for the Marxists to get back on the winning track even in the next general elections," Roy said.
He alleged CPI(M) had entered into a secret alliance with the Congress, saying , "Its an open secret about the CPI(M)-Congress tie-up. Nothing new in it."
To a question, Roy reiterated the TMC would neither be with Congress, nor BJP.
"We will contest the coming general elections alone and will emerge as a major decisive power in the exercise to form the next government at the Centre."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them