TMC dismisses Left Front rally; says its a failure
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal described the Left`s Brigade Parade Ground rally on Sunday as a show devoid of any principle or ideal which could give a new direction to the state.
"The rally has neither any principle nor ideal. It fails to give any direction or message to the people of the state. The defeat will continue to haunt them," TMC All-India general secretary Mukul Roy told reporters.
Criticising former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s attack against their government, Roy wondered how the Marxist leader could have failed to see any change or development in the state.
"The Marxists had already said what they said today during the campaign for the July panchayat elections in 2013, but people did not listen to them and voted for TMC. This shows how wrong they are," Roy remarked.
Criticising Bhattacharjee`s remark that Singur had turned into a "crematorium" and Nandigram a "nightmare" with the blessings of TMC, Roy said, "The Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee government is solely responsible for this, not TMC."
"The LF has to pay price for its gross misrule for over 35 years. It will remain a dream for the Marxists to get back on the winning track even in the next general elections," Roy said.
He alleged CPI(M) had entered into a secret alliance with the Congress, saying , "Its an open secret about the CPI(M)-Congress tie-up. Nothing new in it."
To a question, Roy reiterated the TMC would neither be with Congress, nor BJP.
"We will contest the coming general elections alone and will emerge as a major decisive power in the exercise to form the next government at the Centre."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees