TMC supporter killed, 8 others injured in attack
Howrah: A Trinamool Congress supporter was killed and eight TMC workers and supporters were injured when miscreants fired at them in Dasnagar area of Howrah district Friday night, police sources said.
Some TMC supporters and workers were chatting near the TMC party office at Balitukiri in Dasnagar when 10-12 unidentified miscreants arrived at the spot at around 10 PM and fired at them and also threw bombs, the sources said.
A TMC supporter and newspaper hawker Mihir Banerjee was killed in the incident while eight other injured TMC workers and supporters have been rushed to hospitals, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal