TMC worker killed in Jangalmahal
Midnapore (WB): In the first incident of killing in Maoist-hit Jangalmahal this year, one Trinamool Congress worker was hacked to death by some miscreants at Velaidiha under Belpahari police station in West Midnapore district today, police said.
Shyamal Saha (40) was called out of his residence by some unidentified people and hacked to death by sharp weapons in the wee hours.
Police is yet to ascertain the identity of the killers.
Incidentally, this was the first incident of killing in Jangalmahal this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan