Trial run of Kolkata airport new terminal successful
Kolkata: The trial run of the new terminal of NSC Bose international airport here was successful on Sunday with the offloading of the passengers of a Mumbai-Kolkata flight.
The flight carrying 84 passengers, including one baby, successfully docked to the new terminal and the passengers walked out, airport officials said.
Airports Authority of India has been carrying out the modernisation work for the terminal since November 2008.
The terminal will be an L-shaped structure with two-tiers for arrivals and departures. It will also have two level underground parking to accommodate 1250 cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray