Trial run of Kolkata airport new terminal successful
Kolkata: The trial run of the new terminal of NSC Bose international airport here was successful on Sunday with the offloading of the passengers of a Mumbai-Kolkata flight.
The flight carrying 84 passengers, including one baby, successfully docked to the new terminal and the passengers walked out, airport officials said.
Airports Authority of India has been carrying out the modernisation work for the terminal since November 2008.
The terminal will be an L-shaped structure with two-tiers for arrivals and departures. It will also have two level underground parking to accommodate 1250 cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'