Trial run of Kolkata airport new terminal successful
Kolkata: The trial run of the new terminal of NSC Bose international airport here was successful on Sunday with the offloading of the passengers of a Mumbai-Kolkata flight.
The flight carrying 84 passengers, including one baby, successfully docked to the new terminal and the passengers walked out, airport officials said.
Airports Authority of India has been carrying out the modernisation work for the terminal since November 2008.
The terminal will be an L-shaped structure with two-tiers for arrivals and departures. It will also have two level underground parking to accommodate 1250 cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof