Trial run of Kolkata airport new terminal successful
Kolkata: The trial run of the new terminal of NSC Bose international airport here was successful on Sunday with the offloading of the passengers of a Mumbai-Kolkata flight.
The flight carrying 84 passengers, including one baby, successfully docked to the new terminal and the passengers walked out, airport officials said.
Airports Authority of India has been carrying out the modernisation work for the terminal since November 2008.
The terminal will be an L-shaped structure with two-tiers for arrivals and departures. It will also have two level underground parking to accommodate 1250 cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!