Trinamool Congress MP questions Buddhadeb`s honesty
Kolkata: Describing former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee as the "worst chief minister India has ever seen", Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee on Saturday said he should look into his own self before questioning Mamata Banerjee`s honesty.
"Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee is the worst chief minister of India. Before questioning Mamata Banerjee and her family`s honesty, he should look into his own self. Please do not try to malign a lady and her brothers who have gone through a lot of hardships since their childhood," Bandyopadhyay told a rally at Rishra in Hoogly district.
His comments came in the backdrop of Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s opinion that he does not "agree with the perception that she is honest" to a Bengali television news channel.
TC has served a legal notice to Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee after this interview.
Bandyopadhyay also questioned why his daughter used to be escorted by forest officials when she would go to the forests of north Bengal on personal visit.
"If you question Mamata Banerjee`s honesty, then what about the forest officials escorting your daughter during her personal visits," he said.
Meanwhile, Bandyopadhyay`s comments drew a sharp criticism from CPI-M leader Sujan Chakraborty who demanded an investigation into the wealth amassed by TC leaders after they came to power.
"Let there be an investigation by an independent agency to look into the property accumulated by TC and CPI-M leaders and make a comparison," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Trupti Desai denied entry in Haji Ali Dargah, detained by police on her way to CM's residence
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams