Trinamool Congress MP questions Buddhadeb`s honesty
Kolkata: Describing former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee as the "worst chief minister India has ever seen", Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee on Saturday said he should look into his own self before questioning Mamata Banerjee`s honesty.
"Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee is the worst chief minister of India. Before questioning Mamata Banerjee and her family`s honesty, he should look into his own self. Please do not try to malign a lady and her brothers who have gone through a lot of hardships since their childhood," Bandyopadhyay told a rally at Rishra in Hoogly district.
His comments came in the backdrop of Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s opinion that he does not "agree with the perception that she is honest" to a Bengali television news channel.
TC has served a legal notice to Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee after this interview.
Bandyopadhyay also questioned why his daughter used to be escorted by forest officials when she would go to the forests of north Bengal on personal visit.
"If you question Mamata Banerjee`s honesty, then what about the forest officials escorting your daughter during her personal visits," he said.
Meanwhile, Bandyopadhyay`s comments drew a sharp criticism from CPI-M leader Sujan Chakraborty who demanded an investigation into the wealth amassed by TC leaders after they came to power.
"Let there be an investigation by an independent agency to look into the property accumulated by TC and CPI-M leaders and make a comparison," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks