Trinamool nominates Mithun Chakraborty for Rajya Sabha
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress has nominated Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty as one of the five Rajya Sabha members to be elected from West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here on Saturday.
"In our state, five Rajya Sabha members will be elected this time. One of these seats will be given to Mithun Chakraborty from All India Trinamool Congress. Chakraborty is a well-known film personality. He has devoted his life to the cause of cultural and social activities with great success," Banerjee said in her official Facebook page.
"He is an asset not only of West Bengal, but also of the entire country. We are proud to nominate him," added Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?