Trinamool nominates Mithun Chakraborty for Rajya Sabha
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress has nominated Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty as one of the five Rajya Sabha members to be elected from West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here on Saturday.
"In our state, five Rajya Sabha members will be elected this time. One of these seats will be given to Mithun Chakraborty from All India Trinamool Congress. Chakraborty is a well-known film personality. He has devoted his life to the cause of cultural and social activities with great success," Banerjee said in her official Facebook page.
"He is an asset not only of West Bengal, but also of the entire country. We are proud to nominate him," added Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal