Trinamool nominates Mithun Chakraborty for Rajya Sabha
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress has nominated Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty as one of the five Rajya Sabha members to be elected from West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here on Saturday.
"In our state, five Rajya Sabha members will be elected this time. One of these seats will be given to Mithun Chakraborty from All India Trinamool Congress. Chakraborty is a well-known film personality. He has devoted his life to the cause of cultural and social activities with great success," Banerjee said in her official Facebook page.
"He is an asset not only of West Bengal, but also of the entire country. We are proud to nominate him," added Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion