UPA govt all gas and gimmicks: TMC
Kolkata: Stating that the raise in subsidised LPG cylinder cap to nine is "not enough", the Trinamool Congress on Thursday dubbed the UPA-led government "all gas and gimmicks" and accused it of damaging the economy.
TMC MP Derek O`Brien said, "Raising subsidised LPG cylinder cap from 6 to 9 a year not enough. We`ve been demanding 18 to 24 cylinders, 1.5 a month for a normal household."
"UPA govt is all gas & gimmicks... Like a shop that raises prices 100 per cent & then offers token discounts. Pre-budget price hikes r similar," he said on microblogging Twitter.
He alleged that the Congress-led `minority government` was not managing the economy "as much as damaging the economy. It`s role model is Tughlaq".
The government has raised the cap on supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to nine bottles from six per year and allowed oil companies to hike diesel prices by a "small quantum" periodically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees