UPA govt all gas and gimmicks: TMC
Kolkata: Stating that the raise in subsidised LPG cylinder cap to nine is "not enough", the Trinamool Congress on Thursday dubbed the UPA-led government "all gas and gimmicks" and accused it of damaging the economy.
TMC MP Derek O`Brien said, "Raising subsidised LPG cylinder cap from 6 to 9 a year not enough. We`ve been demanding 18 to 24 cylinders, 1.5 a month for a normal household."
"UPA govt is all gas & gimmicks... Like a shop that raises prices 100 per cent & then offers token discounts. Pre-budget price hikes r similar," he said on microblogging Twitter.
He alleged that the Congress-led `minority government` was not managing the economy "as much as damaging the economy. It`s role model is Tughlaq".
The government has raised the cap on supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to nine bottles from six per year and allowed oil companies to hike diesel prices by a "small quantum" periodically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September