UPA govt all gas and gimmicks: TMC
Kolkata: Stating that the raise in subsidised LPG cylinder cap to nine is "not enough", the Trinamool Congress on Thursday dubbed the UPA-led government "all gas and gimmicks" and accused it of damaging the economy.
TMC MP Derek O`Brien said, "Raising subsidised LPG cylinder cap from 6 to 9 a year not enough. We`ve been demanding 18 to 24 cylinders, 1.5 a month for a normal household."
"UPA govt is all gas & gimmicks... Like a shop that raises prices 100 per cent & then offers token discounts. Pre-budget price hikes r similar," he said on microblogging Twitter.
He alleged that the Congress-led `minority government` was not managing the economy "as much as damaging the economy. It`s role model is Tughlaq".
The government has raised the cap on supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to nine bottles from six per year and allowed oil companies to hike diesel prices by a "small quantum" periodically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH