UPA govt all gas and gimmicks: TMC
Kolkata: Stating that the raise in subsidised LPG cylinder cap to nine is "not enough", the Trinamool Congress on Thursday dubbed the UPA-led government "all gas and gimmicks" and accused it of damaging the economy.
TMC MP Derek O`Brien said, "Raising subsidised LPG cylinder cap from 6 to 9 a year not enough. We`ve been demanding 18 to 24 cylinders, 1.5 a month for a normal household."
"UPA govt is all gas & gimmicks... Like a shop that raises prices 100 per cent & then offers token discounts. Pre-budget price hikes r similar," he said on microblogging Twitter.
He alleged that the Congress-led `minority government` was not managing the economy "as much as damaging the economy. It`s role model is Tughlaq".
The government has raised the cap on supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to nine bottles from six per year and allowed oil companies to hike diesel prices by a "small quantum" periodically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack