UPA govt all gas and gimmicks: TMC
Kolkata: Stating that the raise in subsidised LPG cylinder cap to nine is "not enough", the Trinamool Congress on Thursday dubbed the UPA-led government "all gas and gimmicks" and accused it of damaging the economy.
TMC MP Derek O`Brien said, "Raising subsidised LPG cylinder cap from 6 to 9 a year not enough. We`ve been demanding 18 to 24 cylinders, 1.5 a month for a normal household."
"UPA govt is all gas & gimmicks... Like a shop that raises prices 100 per cent & then offers token discounts. Pre-budget price hikes r similar," he said on microblogging Twitter.
He alleged that the Congress-led `minority government` was not managing the economy "as much as damaging the economy. It`s role model is Tughlaq".
The government has raised the cap on supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to nine bottles from six per year and allowed oil companies to hike diesel prices by a "small quantum" periodically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside
- Cloud burst causes havoc in Uttarkashi
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts