WB: 3-year-old toddler dies at hospital
Berhampore: A three-year-old girl
Monday died at a hospital in Murshidabad district after being admitted for fever, with the parents alleging medical negligence, police said.
Tanuja Khatun was treated at the Aamtala Hospital yesterday for a boil on her leg but was not admitted as the doctors claimed there was no need for it, hospital sources said.
Later in the day, the girl developed high fever
following which she was admitted to the hospital where she
Denying that there was any medical negligence from the
part of the hospital, Chief Medical Officer (Health) Shahjahan
Shiraj said the girl died after she was referred to the medical hospital in Berhampore.
Her parents alleged that the authorities at the
hospital were negligent in not admitting their daughter when
she was first taken there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!