WB govt starts process to handover land in Singur
Singur (WB): The West Bengal government on Sunday set the process of formal handover of land to unwilling
farmers in Singur in motion by issuing a notice inviting
applications for alternative plots of land.
Hooghly DM Sripriya Rangarajan issued the notice which
asked unwilling land-owners, whose names featured in the
schedule prepared by the government in accordance with the
Singur Land and Rehabilitation and Development Act, 2011, to
apply for alternative plots of equal quantum owned by them
inside the project area.
Forms are being distributed at the Singur BDO office by
employees of the Block Land Registration Office, the DM said.
Two days ago, Tata Motors Ltd had pleaded before the
Calcutta High Court for a workable solution for status quo in
any further work on Singur land, which had been vested by the
state government, till the case is heard out.
Appearing for Tata Motors Ltd, counsel Samaraditya
Pal submitted before Justice Soumitra Pal that since it had
lost possession of land at Singur, for such time that the
court hears the petition, status quo be maintained.
Pal prayed that a workable solution be arrived at to
ensure status quo at Singur where 997 acres of land was
acquired for the Tata Motor`s Nano plant and ancillary units.
Eventually the plant was shifted to Gujarat in October,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video