Why is Mamata is silent on violence, asks Biman Bose
Kolkata: Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s silence over the recent incidents of violence in the state, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Wednesday accused her of forgetting her duty and termed it a dangerous trend.
"Why is she silent over the recent incidents of violence? It is really surprising that she is keeping mum on all the incidents of violence from assault on MLA Rezzak Mollah to firing on CPI(M) cadres by Trinamool goons. This is a dangerous trend," Bose, told a rally to protest the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
"She should not forget that she is a chief minister. But she is acting as if she is the chief minister of only the Trinamool Congress," Bose said.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also took part in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love