Why is Mamata is silent on violence, asks Biman Bose
Kolkata: Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s silence over the recent incidents of violence in the state, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Wednesday accused her of forgetting her duty and termed it a dangerous trend.
"Why is she silent over the recent incidents of violence? It is really surprising that she is keeping mum on all the incidents of violence from assault on MLA Rezzak Mollah to firing on CPI(M) cadres by Trinamool goons. This is a dangerous trend," Bose, told a rally to protest the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
"She should not forget that she is a chief minister. But she is acting as if she is the chief minister of only the Trinamool Congress," Bose said.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also took part in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today