Why is Mamata is silent on violence, asks Biman Bose
Kolkata: Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s silence over the recent incidents of violence in the state, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Wednesday accused her of forgetting her duty and termed it a dangerous trend.
"Why is she silent over the recent incidents of violence? It is really surprising that she is keeping mum on all the incidents of violence from assault on MLA Rezzak Mollah to firing on CPI(M) cadres by Trinamool goons. This is a dangerous trend," Bose, told a rally to protest the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
"She should not forget that she is a chief minister. But she is acting as if she is the chief minister of only the Trinamool Congress," Bose said.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also took part in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis