Why is Mamata is silent on violence, asks Biman Bose
Kolkata: Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s silence over the recent incidents of violence in the state, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Wednesday accused her of forgetting her duty and termed it a dangerous trend.
"Why is she silent over the recent incidents of violence? It is really surprising that she is keeping mum on all the incidents of violence from assault on MLA Rezzak Mollah to firing on CPI(M) cadres by Trinamool goons. This is a dangerous trend," Bose, told a rally to protest the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
"She should not forget that she is a chief minister. But she is acting as if she is the chief minister of only the Trinamool Congress," Bose said.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also took part in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?