Why is Mamata is silent on violence, asks Biman Bose
Kolkata: Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s silence over the recent incidents of violence in the state, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Wednesday accused her of forgetting her duty and termed it a dangerous trend.
"Why is she silent over the recent incidents of violence? It is really surprising that she is keeping mum on all the incidents of violence from assault on MLA Rezzak Mollah to firing on CPI(M) cadres by Trinamool goons. This is a dangerous trend," Bose, told a rally to protest the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
"She should not forget that she is a chief minister. But she is acting as if she is the chief minister of only the Trinamool Congress," Bose said.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also took part in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad