Woman poisons son to death, attempts suicide
Krishnagar (WB): A woman allegedly poisoned
one of her son to death and then attempted to commit suicide
by consuming poison at Kadamtala ghat area here in Nadia
district, police sources said.
Kakali Chowdhury (27) wife of rickshaw puller allegedly
served food laced with poison to her two sons Ritam (7) and
Pritam (3) and then attempted suicide by consuming the
poisoned food, the sources said.
Mother and the two sons were rushed to Shaktinagar
Hospital where Pritam died while Kakali and her elder son were
battling for life, the said.
Neighbours alleged that Kakali had taken a loan of Rs
20,000 from a Self Help Group (SHG) and as she was unable to
repay the amount she tried to commit suicide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav