Woman poisons son to death, attempts suicide
Krishnagar (WB): A woman allegedly poisoned
one of her son to death and then attempted to commit suicide
by consuming poison at Kadamtala ghat area here in Nadia
district, police sources said.
Kakali Chowdhury (27) wife of rickshaw puller allegedly
served food laced with poison to her two sons Ritam (7) and
Pritam (3) and then attempted suicide by consuming the
poisoned food, the sources said.
Mother and the two sons were rushed to Shaktinagar
Hospital where Pritam died while Kakali and her elder son were
battling for life, the said.
Neighbours alleged that Kakali had taken a loan of Rs
20,000 from a Self Help Group (SHG) and as she was unable to
repay the amount she tried to commit suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur