Women should be conscious of what they wear: TMC MP
Barasat: Reviving the age-old debate on how women should dress, actor-turned Trinamool MP Chiranjit Chakroborty on Friday said women should be "conscious" of what they wear.
"We should definitely work towards removing this stigma but again women can be a little more conscious about what they are wearing," Chiranjit told reporters at the Barasat police station where he had gone to inquire regarding an eve-teasing case.
He, however, asserted, "any act of eve-teasing should be condemned and the culprit caught and punished."
Chiranjit inquired about the progress made in the case involving a youth who was caught allegedly teasing a girl at Barasat railway station in North 24 Parganas district last night.
The girl, a resident of Banamalipur here, was returning from tuition when the accused Ramesh Das started teasing her. He was caught by people at the station and was beaten up.
The girl`s father was also present at the station, sources said.
Das was then handed over to the police, produced before a local court that remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters