106-year-old US man gets school diploma
Beverly (Massachusetts): A 106-year-old US man who had to drop out of school to support his mother and five siblings has finally earned his diploma.
Fred Butler was awarded the honorary diploma yesterday during an emotional ceremony in Massachusetts.
Butler thanked "everybody who is responsible for this."
He was married for 65 years, raised five children, served in the US Army during World War II and worked for his city`s water department.
But daughter-in-law Cathy Butler says he always regretted dropping out and always emphasized the importance of education to his children and grandchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84