106-year-old US man gets school diploma
Beverly (Massachusetts): A 106-year-old US man who had to drop out of school to support his mother and five siblings has finally earned his diploma.
Fred Butler was awarded the honorary diploma yesterday during an emotional ceremony in Massachusetts.
Butler thanked "everybody who is responsible for this."
He was married for 65 years, raised five children, served in the US Army during World War II and worked for his city`s water department.
But daughter-in-law Cathy Butler says he always regretted dropping out and always emphasized the importance of education to his children and grandchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!