11 Chinese students injured in stampede
Beijing: At least 11 students were injured, three of them seriously, at a primary school in east China`s Jiangsu Province as they rushed down a staircase.
The incident occurred when a group of children fell over each another after a girl student fell suddenly while descending the stairs, local officials said.
Three students were seriously injured due to traumatic asphyxia and another eight sustained minor injuries at Qipan Primary School in Xinyi City yesterday, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
The injured students are in stable condition and are receiving treatment in local hospitals, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city