This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

11-month-old dies after mom forgets her in sweltering car

Last Updated: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 17:20

New York: An 11-month-old baby girl has died in the US after being locked for nearly three hours inside an overheated SUV.

Katie Luong`s daughter, Gabriella, was found unresponsive in the back seat of the family car due to heat-stroke after Luong went to visit the family business in Homewood, Alabama.

"I wish I was in that car seat, not her. If I had to die for her to live, I would have done that," Luong said.
Luong told The Birmingham News that she blames herself for little Gabriella`s death outside the family`s Genesis Nail Spa in downtown Homewood.

A man who worked nearby and paramedics attempted to revive the child, `New York Daily News` reported.

They rushed Ella to a children`s hospital, where Gabriella was pronounced dead.
On Wednesday, Luong was supposed to drop off Ella at a baby-sitter`s house on her way to work. But she apparently forgot to do so and instead left her in the car.

When the babysitter called to ask about the baby, Luong said she realised what had happened and ran out to the car and found Gabriella unresponsive.

Luong said she was stressed out and her mind was filled with worries over an employee`s recent suicide and a close family friend`s failing health. She was also in the midst of planning a first birthday party for Gabriella.


First Published: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 17:20
comments powered by Disqus