11-month-old dies after mom forgets her in sweltering car
New York: An 11-month-old baby girl has died in the US after being locked for nearly three hours inside an overheated SUV.
Katie Luong`s daughter, Gabriella, was found unresponsive in the back seat of the family car due to heat-stroke after Luong went to visit the family business in Homewood, Alabama.
"I wish I was in that car seat, not her. If I had to die for her to live, I would have done that," Luong said.
Luong told The Birmingham News that she blames herself for little Gabriella`s death outside the family`s Genesis Nail Spa in downtown Homewood.
A man who worked nearby and paramedics attempted to revive the child, `New York Daily News` reported.
They rushed Ella to a children`s hospital, where Gabriella was pronounced dead.
On Wednesday, Luong was supposed to drop off Ella at a baby-sitter`s house on her way to work. But she apparently forgot to do so and instead left her in the car.
When the babysitter called to ask about the baby, Luong said she realised what had happened and ran out to the car and found Gabriella unresponsive.
Luong said she was stressed out and her mind was filled with worries over an employee`s recent suicide and a close family friend`s failing health. She was also in the midst of planning a first birthday party for Gabriella.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border