11-month-old dies after mom forgets her in sweltering car
New York: An 11-month-old baby girl has died in the US after being locked for nearly three hours inside an overheated SUV.
Katie Luong`s daughter, Gabriella, was found unresponsive in the back seat of the family car due to heat-stroke after Luong went to visit the family business in Homewood, Alabama.
"I wish I was in that car seat, not her. If I had to die for her to live, I would have done that," Luong said.
Luong told The Birmingham News that she blames herself for little Gabriella`s death outside the family`s Genesis Nail Spa in downtown Homewood.
A man who worked nearby and paramedics attempted to revive the child, `New York Daily News` reported.
They rushed Ella to a children`s hospital, where Gabriella was pronounced dead.
On Wednesday, Luong was supposed to drop off Ella at a baby-sitter`s house on her way to work. But she apparently forgot to do so and instead left her in the car.
When the babysitter called to ask about the baby, Luong said she realised what had happened and ran out to the car and found Gabriella unresponsive.
Luong said she was stressed out and her mind was filled with worries over an employee`s recent suicide and a close family friend`s failing health. She was also in the midst of planning a first birthday party for Gabriella.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter