19 killed in rainstorms and floods in China
Beijing: At least 19 people have been killed in rainstorms and ensuing floods in China`s northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said on Friday.
About 7.90 lakh people in the region have been affected and 1.16 lakh have been evacuated from flooded areas, the ministry said in a report.
About 51,000 houses have collapsed or suffered damage and direct economic losses total around 2.2 billion yuan (USD 359. 24 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued an emergency response this morning and dispatched a work group to the disaster zone to help relief efforts.
The local government has allocated 200 tents, 300 folding beds and 2,500 cotton blankets to the affected areas. Over hundred people have been killed and more than hundred others went missing in China during the past few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers