19 killed in rainstorms and floods in China
Beijing: At least 19 people have been killed in rainstorms and ensuing floods in China`s northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said on Friday.
About 7.90 lakh people in the region have been affected and 1.16 lakh have been evacuated from flooded areas, the ministry said in a report.
About 51,000 houses have collapsed or suffered damage and direct economic losses total around 2.2 billion yuan (USD 359. 24 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued an emergency response this morning and dispatched a work group to the disaster zone to help relief efforts.
The local government has allocated 200 tents, 300 folding beds and 2,500 cotton blankets to the affected areas. Over hundred people have been killed and more than hundred others went missing in China during the past few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price