19 killed in rainstorms and floods in China
Beijing: At least 19 people have been killed in rainstorms and ensuing floods in China`s northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said on Friday.
About 7.90 lakh people in the region have been affected and 1.16 lakh have been evacuated from flooded areas, the ministry said in a report.
About 51,000 houses have collapsed or suffered damage and direct economic losses total around 2.2 billion yuan (USD 359. 24 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued an emergency response this morning and dispatched a work group to the disaster zone to help relief efforts.
The local government has allocated 200 tents, 300 folding beds and 2,500 cotton blankets to the affected areas. Over hundred people have been killed and more than hundred others went missing in China during the past few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter