19 killed in rainstorms and floods in China
Beijing: At least 19 people have been killed in rainstorms and ensuing floods in China`s northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said on Friday.
About 7.90 lakh people in the region have been affected and 1.16 lakh have been evacuated from flooded areas, the ministry said in a report.
About 51,000 houses have collapsed or suffered damage and direct economic losses total around 2.2 billion yuan (USD 359. 24 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued an emergency response this morning and dispatched a work group to the disaster zone to help relief efforts.
The local government has allocated 200 tents, 300 folding beds and 2,500 cotton blankets to the affected areas. Over hundred people have been killed and more than hundred others went missing in China during the past few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"