23 injured as 5.9 quake hits Philippines
Manila: An earthquake of 5.9 magnitude rocked
southern Philippines on Friday, causing widespread panic and
injuring at least 23 people in different incidents, including
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
(Phivolcs) reported that the epicentre of the tremor that hit
this afternoon was recorded west of Dinagat Islands in
At least 20 people were injured when panic struck a mall
with shoppers packed with people causing a stampede.
The incident happened in Surigao City, the provincial
capital of Surigao del Norte.
Surigao del Norte Governor Sol Matugas said 20 people were
Glass panels were also shattered but it was not
immediately clear if the damage happened as a result of the
quake or due to panicked shoppers.
Matugas said 3 others were hurt in a gymnasium where a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL